This Week's Question
What are some character names that I would name my children after?
This is a tricky one for me, because there are few character names that I actually really like. After reading about a character in a book, even if I enjoy the character, I ruled it out as a name for my own kid! The characters I really love don't usually have names that I would bestow upon my child (Bones from Night Huntress, Terrible from Downside Ghosts and Dare from Nocte). Here are a few names that I would be okay with naming my kids after:
1) Braden ~ Braden Carmichael from Samantha Young's On Dublin Street. I guess I have to like it, since I named one of my kids Braden, before I read the book, of course!
2) Miller ~ One Night Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas. I kind of have a thing for last names as first names. My oldest son has a traditional last name as his first name.
3) Tate ~ Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. I love the name Tate. I'm not a huge fan of Tatum, but Tate works for me. I like short names for girls that could be for either gender.
4) Evie ~ Dreg City series by Kelly Meding. I'm not a huge fan of Evangeline by itself, but I like the shortened Evie. To me, it sounds feminine, yet tough.
5) Jake ~ The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle. Every so often, I come across a more traditional name that I love. Jake is a favorite of mine. Not as a nickname for Jacob, but just Jake. I would have named one of my children this if my husband hadn't vetoed the name.
6) Ian ~ True
Love Story by Willow Aster. What can I say? I like the name Ian and it turns up quite often in fiction.
7) Abby ~ Beautiful series by Jamie McGuire. Another traditional name that I always loved. I would have named a girl Abby if I had ever had a girl.
8) Harper ~ Callum and Harper by Fisher Amelie. I love the name Harper. Another name I would have considered for a girl.
9) Kate ~ Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. I love the traditional name Kate as it is or shortened to Kat. And let's face it, it's a kick ass name!